NOTES FOR THOSE WHO DON’T WANT TO RENT A CAR.
- The apartment is within easy walking distance, downhill, into Chania.
- There is a bus stop close by which will take you to and from Chania. The bus stops opposite the Agora.
- A taxi back to the apartment from the Agora is 3 euros 60 cents: about the same as two bus tickets back.
- The main bus station to places over most of western Crete is a 5 minute walk from the Agora.
- If you want to go on private excursions we can arrange a private car and an English speaking driver for half day excursions (20 euros + petrol) or full day excursions 40 euros + petrol.
DISTANCES FROM APARTMENT BY CAR:
- Airport 20 mins
- Venetian harbour 10 mins
- Saturday market 10 mins
- Marathi Beach 20 mins
- Akrotiri monesteries 30 mins
- Stavros beach 30 mins
- Falassana beach 50 mins
- Therisso 45 mins
- Aptera 20 mins